This Southern African Safari Holiday gives you two weeks safari in Africa from Cape Town to Botswana. Experience the rhythm of Cape Town, the wild heart of the Okavango Delta in Botswana and the thundering majesty of the Victoria Falls.
African Safari Experience
Embark on a journey of a lifetime and experience refined luxury on this African Safari Holiday. This malaria-free African safari will allow you to enjoy the pleasures of a metropolis, before being jetted off to famous wildlife destinations and the incredible Victoria Falls.
Tour the charming wine farms and town centres of the scenic Cape Winelands, track African wildlife in a traditional mokoro canoes through the waterways of the Okavango Delta.
Feel the eternal mists of the mighty Zambezi river as it plunges down sheer cliffs on the border between two Southern African countries. These experiences will make you fall in love with Africa and leave memories that will last a lifetime.
African Safari Highlights
- Visit Cape Town, Cape Winelands, Okavango Delta, Chobe National Park and the Victoria Falls
- Explore Cape Town, the “Mother City” at your own leisure with a 2 day hop on hop off bus pass
- Enjoy wine tastings at award winning wine estates at Franschhoek, Stellenbosch and Paarl
- Discover the meandering, reed-lined waterways of the Okavango Delta in a traditional mokoro (dugout canoe)
- Experience thrilling game drives in the Okavango Delta and Chobe National Park
- Watch the African sun set as you cruise along the Chobe and Zambezi River
- Witness one of the Seven Natural Wonders of the World on a guided Victoria Falls Rainforest tour
- Enjoy a cultural evening with traditional African dining, drumming and dancing
- Excellent big five game viewing
- All year round with best time from June to November
Day 1: Arrive in Cape TownView Lodge
Welcome to Cape Town! Your unforgettable African holiday begins here, in the friendly embrace of Table Mountain. A road transfer will pick you up at Cape Town International Airport and take you into the city.
You will spend 4 nights in Cape Town at a hotel along the Atlantic coastline, where you are free to explore Cape Town and sample the sights, sounds, tastes and rhythms of the Mother City.
Complimentary shuttle service to the V&A Waterfront and a 2-day hop on/hop off City Sightseeing bus ticket will make it easy to discover Cape Town at your own leisure.
Day 2 – 4: Cape Town Beaches, City & WinelandsView Lodge
The city of Cape Town is an unforgettable destination in its own right, but no trip to Cape Town could be considered complete without heading up north to the Cape Winelands.
Enjoy a full-day tour of the Boland wine region and visit the beautiful farms and colourful town centres of Stellenbosch, Paarl and Franschhoek.
These towns take great pride in their historic architecture, beautiful mountains and the world-class art and cuisine, found in the rolling valleys of the region.
Get better acquainted with the Mother City on a 2-day City Sightseeing tour. Hop on a red double decker bus and explore the beautifully curated routes.
Head upTable Mountain and see many of Cape Town’s incredible attractions. The city can be discovered at your own pace as you hop off at the stops that are of interest to you.
Day 5 – 7: Explore the Okavango DeltaView Lodge
As the African sun rises over the city, you will prepare for your journey into the wild heart of Southern Africa.
Travel to Cape Town International Airport by road and onward, to Maun, Botswana, by air and then to Camp Okavango on a light aircraft flight over the eternal beauty and thriving life force of the Okavango Delta Waterways.
Spend 2 nights at Camp Okavango and get in touch with the heartbeat of the wilderness. This water based camp in the Okavango Delta will take you through the Delta waterways.
Explore the Delta in a traditional mokoro canoe and motorised boat to find a plethora of wildlife species – including antelope, crocodiles, zebra, hyenas and the famous African Big 5.
Day 8 – 9: Wildlife abundant Moremi Game ReserveView Lodge
Today, you will fly from Camp Okavango to Moremi Game Reserve in a light aircraft.
Moremi is a thriving game reserve to the east of the Okavango Delta in Northern Botswana, where you will spend the next two nights in luxurious tented accommodation.
Moremi Game Reserve is home to over 400 species of birds and vast array of wildlife including lion, giraffe, buffalo, elephant, cheetah, hyaena, jackal, impala, endangered wild dog and many more.
Embark on thrilling open safari vehicle game drives and explore the Xakanaxa Lagoon and surrounding channels by motorboat (depending on the water level in the given season).
Here you can also enjoy guided nature walks and get to know the spirit of the Southern African sub-continent.
Day 10 – 11: Game viewing in Chobe National ParkView Lodge
Fly over Chobe National Park, the pride of northern Botswana, to Kasane – a town near the place where four corners of four different countries come together – and travel to the Chobe Game Lodge.
Spend 2 nights in this enchanting lodge facing the mighty Chobe River. Embark on morning and afternoon game drives in the Chobe National Park. You’re in elephant country now.
Chobe is known to have one of the largest concentrations of game on the African continent and is particularly proud of the spectacular elephant population.
The park is home to an estimated 50,000 Kalahari Elephants as well as several smaller animal species – from warthogs to lions.
See these majestic creatures in their natural habitat, before relaxing, with a drink in your hand, on a cruise down the Chobe River as the sun sets over wild Africa.
Day 12 – 13: Travel to the amazing Victoria FallsView Lodge
Today, you will travel to an incredible natural wonder on the border between Zambia and Zimbabwe.
Locals call it by its indigenous name of Mosi-oa-Tunya, or “The Smoke that Thunders” and it is sure to strike awe into the heart of any first-time visitor: Welcome to the Victoria Falls.
A shared road transfer will take you from Chobe to Victoria Falls. You will spend your last two nights two nights of your Southern African Safari holiday at a luxurious boutique hotel near the mighty waterfalls.
Feel the thunder under your feet, and the sprinkles of water on your face as you approach the Falls on a guided walking tour. The beauty of this natural wonder can be admired from any of the panoramic viewing spots.
Day 14: A Sad Goodbye
Your African safari holiday has come to an end. It is time to leave your final footprints in the red soil of this wild continent.
A shared road transfer takes you to Victoria Falls airport for your flight back to Johannesburg, South Africa. We expect to meet you soon enough, fellow traveller!
- Scheduled flight from Cape Town to Botswana
- Scheduled flight from Victoria Falls to Johannesburg
- Road and light aircraft transfers between airports, hotels and lodges/camps
- 4 nights’ hotel accommodation in Cape Town
- 4 nights’ luxury tented accommodation in the Okavango Delta/Moremi Game Reserve
- 2 nights’ lodge accommodation in Chobe National Park
- 2 nights’ hotel accommodation in Victoria Falls
- Breakfast daily
- Lunch and dinner from day 5 onwards
- Select local branded drinks (bottled water, coffee & teas, soft drinks, beers, spirits and house wines) from day 5 onwards
- Scheduled full day Cape Winelands Tour
- 2-day ticket for the Cape Town hop on/hop off sightseeing bus
- Mokoro canoe and motorised boating excursions through the Okavango Delta waterways
- Game drives in open safari vehicle accompanied by experienced guides and tracker in Moremi Game Reserve and Chobe National Park
- Nature walks in Okavango and Moremi Game Reserve
- Sunset boat cruises on the Chobe River and Zambezi River
- Guided tour of the Victoria Falls and cultural experience with drum show
- Laundry service from day 5 onwards
- Park Fees
- Premium drinks, meals and optional activities not listed above
- Rainforest and National Parks entry fees (approx. USD 40 per person)
- All other extras to be settled direct