This Victoria Falls & Botswana Honeymoon Safari is ideal if you are seeking a classic African honeymoon. Romantic safari lodges in Botswana have been selected that give you different landscapes, wildlife and game viewing options with extra touches of romance.
Victoria Falls & Botswana Honeymoon Safari Experience
Your Botswana honeymoon safari starts in the heart of the Okavango Delta. From the serenity of the Delta, your African honeymoon safari moves on to the game rich savanna plains of the Savute and Chobe, ending with the thundering Victoria Falls waterfalls.
Take in the beauty of the Okavango Delta wetlands, the drama of the Savute savanna, the spectacle of the endless Chobe River and the magnificent thundering Victoria Falls.
Enjoy candlelit dinners under the stars and the romance of the remote African wilderness as you start your new life together.
These are all memorable experiences that will bring you and your partner even closer and is a promising start to a lifetime of adventures together.
Honeymoon Safari Highlights
- Visit Okavango Delta, Savute, Chobe National Park and Victoria Falls
- Enjoy candlelit dinners under the African sky
- Explore the reed-fringed waterways of the Delta in a traditional canoe
- Track wildlife on foot with guided nature walks
- Drive through the African bush searching for wildlife in an open safari vehicle
- Cruise the Chobe and Zambezi River on boat safaris
- Visit the thundering Victoria Falls waterfalls on a guided Victoria Falls Rainforest tour
- Witness the zebra migration (seasonal)
- Best time is from May to October
Day 1: Travel to the Okavango DeltaView Lodge
After arriving in Maun from Johannesburg you and your spouse will board a light aircraft that will fly you over the Delta waterways to your romantic accommodation in the Okavango Delta.
Your romantic bush camp is situated on the edge of the Moremi Game Reserve. The region is very scenic with picturesque channels and lagoons. You may set off in a traditional canoe called a mokoro to explore the channels and islands nearby.
This will give you the chance to see some of the wildlife including red lechwe and hippos. You’ll return to the bush camp to enjoy romantic sundowners on the main deck before a delicious African-inspired dinner.
You can retire to your comfortable tented suite and go to sleep surrounded by the peace and tranquillity of the Delta night.
Day 2: Navigate the Delta waterwaysView Lodge
In the morning you’ll set off on exciting game viewing activities. You may decide on a guided nature walk on the nearby islands to try and track some animals such as giraffe and elephant.
All game-viewing activities are conducted by experienced professional guides who will teach you about the unique ecology of the region.
These walks provide wonderful bird-watching opportunities as the Okavango is a sanctuary for many different species such as Slaty egrets, African jacanas, and the iconic African fish eagles or even rare species such as Pel’s fishing owls.
You could also head out in a motor boat and explore further into the Delta through the tranquil channels, spotting animals such as elephant and hippo. Alternately, try your hand at fishing for the fierce tigerfish on an eco-friendly catch and release basis (seasonal).
Day 3: Fly over the Delta waterways to SavuteView Lodge
Today you will catch a light aircraft flight from the Okavango Delta to the Savute airstrip. You and your spouse will be amazed by the intricate patterns of the channels and waterways as you fly over the Okavango Delta. The next 3 nights are spent in the Savute region.
This is an interesting area, as the Savuti River only flows periodically. In recent years it has flooded consistently, and the region has become very wet. The region is known for the number of elephants that move through it in the dry season and the second largest zebra migration in the world.
Day 4 & 5: Thrilling game drives in SavuteView Lodge
For the next 2 days on your Botswana Honeymoon safari, you will set off on early morning game drives that take you into the beautiful Savute Marsh.
The marsh attracts a diverse number of different species such as impala, wildebeest, and zebra, as well as the attendant predators such as lion and hyena.
Return to your Botswana safari lodge for a brunch or late lunch before having a siesta. In the afternoons you can enjoy another thrilling game drive or a visit the ancient San rock paintings at Gubatsa Hills which depict the San’s life and spiritual beliefs.
Day 6 & 7: Cruise the Chobe RiverView Lodge
After your early morning game drive and breakfast, you will fly-in to Kasane before catching a road transfer to a game lodge in the Chobe National Park. Here you will stay in a classic safari lodge on the Chobe River.
A wildlife spectacle that’s not to be missed is thousands of Elephant which come down to drink in the dry winter months.
Set off on game drives to see vast herds of buffalo and zebra which come down to drink, closely shadowed by predators such as lion and hyena.
In the afternoon you can enjoy a romantic river cruise on the Chobe River, which is conducted in small, shallow craft piloted by expert boatmen.
There is something magical about drifting down the river while enjoying a refreshing drink and watching the magnificent sunset. You will see many hippo and crocodile while on your cruise.
Day 8 & 9: Explore the Victoria FallsView Lodge
After breakfast, a road transfer awaits you across the border to Victoria Falls, Zimbabwe. Victoria Falls is one of the Seven Natural Wonders of the World and is the perfect end to your Botswana honeymoon safari.
Victoria Falls is the largest waterfall and takes its name from Mosi-oa-Tunya; meaning “Smoke that Thunders” referencing the mist that forms around the crashing waters.
Spend your last two days of your Victoria Falls & Botswana honeymoon safari tour exploring Victoria Falls at your own leisure.
Explore the rainforest trails surrounding the falls with a guide or on your own. If you and your partner want to get your adrenalin pumping there are several optional adventure activities such as bungee jumping and whitewater rafting.
End your evening with a sunset cruise on the Chobe River. As you watch the sun disappear in the African horizon reminisce about the many adventures you and your spouse have experienced on your African honeymoon to Botswana and Victoria Falls.
Day 10: Goodbyes and new beginnings
After breakfast it is time to say goodbye and head to the airport for your onward journey.
Rates & Prices
- Scheduled flight from Johannesburg or Cape Town to Botswana
- Scheduled flight from Victoria Falls to Johannesburg or Cape Town
- Road and light aircraft transfers between airports, hotels and lodges/camps
- 5 nights’ intimate safari lodge/tented accommodation in Okavango Delta and Savute
- 4 nights’ hotel accommodation in Chobe and Victoria Falls
- Breakfast, lunch, snacks and dinner
- Select local branded drinks (bottled water, coffee & teas, soft drinks, beers, spirits and house wines)
- Mokoro canoe (dug out canoe) and motorised boating excursions through the Delta waterways
- Guided nature walks on nearby islands in Okavango
- Game drives in open safari vehicle accompanied by experienced guides and tracker in Savute and Chobe National Park
- Sunset boat cruises on the Chobe River and Zambezi River
- Hourly courtesy shuttle to Victoria Falls Rainforest and town centre
- Guided tour of the Victoria Falls
- Cultural dinner experience with African drum and dancing show
- Laundry service
- Park Fees
- Premium drinks, meals and optional activities not listed above
- Rainforest entry fees (approx. USD 40 per person)
- All other extras to be settled direct