This 4 day premier safari package provides an intimate Elephant experience in the Okavango Delta where interactions with the great creatures is paramount.
Premier Elephant Interaction Package Experience
This Walking with Giants safari package provides the complete Okavango Delta experience with a range of activities including game drives, motor boat excursions, interpretive walks and the opportunity for an unique experience of walking with Elephants in the African bush.
Walking with semi-habituated Elephants and learning from them is an experience that not many people have the opportunity to have. This walk allows you to experience the life of an Elephant from its own perspective.
You will learn how the Elephant eats, chooses its food and just goes about its day. Experienced guides accompany you on all the activities but with the Elephant interaction it is the Elephants themselves that are the guides.
Accommodation: Romantic intimate 5 roomed en-suite safari lodge
Activities: Walking with the elephants. Game viewing by 4 x 4, motor boat and mokoros (in season)
Destinations: Okavango Delta
Seasonal: Best time is during the dry season June – October. During the rainy season between 15 January and 15 February we are not able to offer this package to you… the Elephants are on annual leave!
Day 1: Johannesburg – Maun – OkavangoView Lodge
You will be met on arrival in Maun and you will fly in a light aircraft to your safari camp in the Okavango Delta, your home for the next 3 nights. The lodge is intimate with only 5 suites. You will have your own private deck with a star bath and sky bed, perfect for star-gazing under the African sky. You will arrive in time for lunch and settle in before the afternoon activity which may be a game drive or a mokoro ride to get an introduction into the area.
Day 2: OkavangoView Lodge
You may choose to do the Elephant interaction this morning or head out early on another game drive. The safari camp is in the seasonal Delta, arguably the most beautiful part of this legendary wilderness and seeing it through the eyes of an Elephant is an unforgettable experience. It is not only about walking with these gentle creatures but learning the intimate side of their lives. For the afternoon activity you may choose a boat ride, a glide through the channels in a dugout canoe or opt for another game drive. Each moment in the Okavango is special but the late afternoon and early evening seems to release some ancient memories in us and we often celebrate the time with a sundowner in the bush.
Day 4: Okavango – Maun – Johannesburg
This morning there will be time for a last activity before breakfast and flying into Maun for your onward journey.
Rates & Prices
This Walking with Giants Elephant Safari can easily be combined with a few extra days in Botswana or Victoria Falls. Maybe even a few days in South Africa? Anything is possible and our Botswana Specialists can easily extended this short Botswana elephant safari to a memorable Southern Africa vacation for you.
*All water based activities are seasonal and are water level dependent and therefore cannot be guaranteed.
- Air transfers on a light aircraft between Maun and Okavango Delta
- Park Fees
- 3 nights accommodation at Baines Camp in a luxury Suite with en-suite bathroom, four poster bed, ceiling fans, private wooden deck and a star bath
- Meals including breakfast, lunch, afternoon tea and dinner
- Beverages including bottled water, soft drinks, teas, coffees, local wines and spirits
- Camp activities including morning and evening game drives with qualified guides in an open safari vehicle, boat trips on the Boro River and Mokoro (dug-out canoe) excursions
- Elephant Interaction that includes a leisurely walk with the semi-habituated elephants, observing and interacting with them and a picnic lunch in their majestic company
- Laundry service
- All extras, premium brand beverages and elephant activities to be settled directly on departure
- Optional activities